Wrinkles, fine lines, and loss of skin elasticity are common signs of aging, and unknown to many, the skin actually starts to age by the time we reach our mid-20’s. Luckily, cosmetic procedures like a mini-facelift in Washington D.C. (for those looking for a treatment with longer-lasting results) can effectively rejuvenate the skin to make it look younger and healthier.
Studies reveal that at around the age of 25, the skin begins to age as the body’s production of collagen starts to slow down. With lower levels of collagen, the skin starts to lose its suppleness and elasticity, resulting in lines and wrinkles as well as skin sagging or laxity over time.
If you’re looking for a clinic known for providing patients with an excellent facelift in Washington D.C., schedule a consultation with Dr. Adam E. Singleton at Capital Facial Plastic Surgery.
What is a mini facelift?
A mini facelift is a surgical procedure that lifts and tightens skin on the lower third of the face. It is ideal for men and women with mild skin laxity. Fewer and shorter incisions are made thus making the healing and recovery period considerably shorter compared to that of a traditional facelift.
Recovery from a mini-facelift in Washington D.C.
Patients looking for an excellent facelift in Washington D.C. may visit Capital Facial Plastic Surgery. During consultation, everything you need to know about the mini lift will be discussed, including recovery and post-treatment care.
Dr. Adam Singleton advises patients to have someone with them on the day of the surgery as they may need assistance going home, primarily for two reasons:
- The effects of anesthesia may not have worn off completely yet
- And they have to be careful not to bump their face into things immediately after surgery and for the next couple of days as well
- They may feel disoriented following surgery, which could be the effect of anesthesia as well
Likewise, the patient needs to secure post-treatment home assistance for the first few days after surgery for the following reasons:
- You may need a full day’s rest after surgery
- You may feel disoriented following surgery
- Your body needs to heal, which could mean limited activities for the next week or so
- You may need help with basic hygiene like washing your hair
- You may likewise need assistance with cleaning and dressing the wounds
Here are a few other things that Dr. Adam Singleton may mention during your consultation for a mini-facelift in Washington D.C. at Capital Facial Plastic Surgery:
- Tenderness, swelling, and bruising are normal post-surgery
- Pain medication may be prescribed to manage pain but most patients don’t need it
- You will need to sleep with your head elevated for the first few weeks after surgery
- You may go back to normal activities within two weeks post-op
- Results from a mini lift last longer compared to non-invasive cosmetic procedures but not as long lasting as that from a traditional facelift
In need of an excellent facelift in Washington D.C.? Please feel free to call Capital Facial Plastic Surgery at (240) 630-8175 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Adam E. Singleton, MD. You may also click here to schedule a consultation.</p