The natural aging process causes the skin to lose its elasticity and suppleness, which is one of the reasons why wrinkles and fine lines begin to appear as we age. Luckily, non-invasive and non-surgical cosmetic procedures like Botox® injections, dermal filler treatments, and laser-assisted procedures are readily accessible to correct skin issues related to aging.
Botox® injections in Maryland and other parts of the country
First off, if you’re wondering where to get Botox® in Maryland or nearby areas, you may visit Capital Facial Plastic Surgery, one of the leading and most trusted cosmetic clinics in Chevy Chase, MD. Apart from Botox®, Capital FPS also offers microneedling, IPL facial, and chemical peel for non-surgical wrinkle treatments.
If you can’t decide between Botox® and dermal fillers, here are their key differences:
- Injectable treatment that targets dynamic wrinkles on the forehead, between the eyebrows, around the eyes, and around the mouth
- Procedure can be completed in as little as ten minutes
- Botox® injections in Maryland or elsewhere work by temporarily paralyzing facial muscles that cause dynamic wrinkles to appear
- The usual side effects are redness and/or bruising on the injection site(s), but these are not common in all patients. Some don’t experience any side effects
- Results generally last between three and six months
Patients begin to notice results about three to four days after treatment
- Injectable that usually comes in gel form. The most common type of dermal filler is one that contains hyaluronic acid.
- Dermal fillers are for patients dealing with volume loss, usually on the cheeks or mid-face. Other target concerns are wrinkles, lines, and creases on the face, including nasolabial folds.
- Downturned or thinning lips, hollows below the eyes, and lip lines may also be effectively corrected by dermal filler injections.
- Tenderness, bruising, and swelling are common side effects, which resolve quickly
- Results are immediately noticeable after treatment
- Results may last between six and nine months, sometimes longer
As you can see, there are quite a few notable differences between Botox® and dermal fillers, but their goals are similar: rejuvenate the skin and make it look younger without surgery or downtime. They are also similar in that they are both injectable treatments and their target issues are generally those caused by skin aging.
Combining Botox® injections in Maryland (or elsewhere) with dermal fillers
Patients dealing with various skin issues related to skin aging are sometimes advised to undergo a combination treatment of Botox® and dermal filler injections. Your doctor will discuss with you if these can be administered simultaneously or if they need to be spaced out.
Where to get Botox®
If you live in or around Maryland, the best cosmetic clinic for Botox® injections in Maryland is Capital Facia Plastic Surgery not only because the clinic specializes in Botox®, dermal fillers, and other non-surgical treatments as well as surgical procedures like rhytidectomy and rhinoplasty, among others; but more importantly because all procedures are performed by licensed and experienced facial plastic surgeon, Dr. Adam Singleton.
When deciding where to get Botox®, it’s important to take note of the physician’s background and experience as well. A facial plastic surgeon is the best person for a Botox® treatment because they know exactly where injections should be administered as they have a better understanding of facial anatomy. This significantly reduces the risk of complications.
Call Capital Facial Plastic Surgery at (240) 630-8175 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Adam E. Singleton, MD. You may also click here to schedule an appointment.